Sunday, February 27, 2011

The quest, continued . . .


The quest continues, with batch number two....

As a former biology major and science teacher, I am familiar with the scientific method, and I shamefully disregarded it as I experimented with three variables, instead of one.


Variable #1 -- Dark brown sugar, and even less white sugar.
Deemed successfull!!

Variable #2 -- Flour -- used two types,
but I'm not ready to reveal the new formula yet--
still working on this!

Variable #3 -- Refrigeration -- a suggestion
that came from even more research.
Who knew the New York Times could be so helpful??


Photo experiment --
did not actually impact the cookie taste, color or shape.
I'm just trying for a different look here.
Which cookie says, "Pick me, pick me!!!" most loudly to YOU?

These were actually baked earlier in the week, and already consumed--shared with two of the stalwart volunteers at the Class B District 12 and Region 6 boys and girls basketball tournaments (more about that to come later).

By the way, I'm staying with REAL BUTTER at this point.  Fortunately, this recipe only makes about two dozen small cookies or 18 big ones--easy disposal!!  (Notice the chocolate chip font color? Nice touch, eh?)

Round three of the cookie quest was completed this evening, with one variable.  Most of those cookies also have a designated recipient.

Your turn will come.

Still have work to do, but I'm getting closer. 

Much closer.  In fact, I bought two specialty bakery cookies earlier this week on a trip to the big city in NW North Dakota and for the first time ever, wished I had one of mine instead.

More to come...keep following your own quests, by the way.  Success may be closer than you realize.

And don't be afraid to mix up your variables!

5 comments:

  1. yummmmmmmmm .. I am a great taste tester !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I choose the last batch because they look golden brown but I'll be glad to taste any or all.

    Buddah is always beddah :)

    We'll have to rely on Dakotablessing for a review.

    Have you tried King Arthur Flour, I hear it makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum. yumminy yum. i'll be there soon: have the glass of milk ready, eh? !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caroline,
    Those look so tasty, I think Chocolate chip cookies are a part of my restricted diet.. I can bring the chocolate milk also...

    Sweet post, I will make sure to come back often to read about your cookie quest..

    Have you tried dark chocolate chips or mint?

    Hope your sinus problems are better. Have you tried a netti pot? They are amazing.
    xo Juli~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caroline, hope you are back to feeling 100% by now :)

    Your cookies look yummy.

    And I had fun reading your latest newspaper article! (Spring will definitely come when it is ready...and not a moment sooner!!)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to visit -- you're always welcome at Coyote & Darner. Since we can't share cookies very easily on this blog, how about your comments instead?