Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Handmade 2011 . . .

My Alaskan friend

introduced me to this concept--


A Handmade 2011:
I promise to send something handmade
to the first 5 people who leave a comment.
They must in turn post
this (where they wish)
and send something they made
to the first 5 people who comment on their status.

The rules are that it must be handmade by you
and it must be sent to your 5 people sometime...in 2011.
Let's all work toward
a more handmade life!

  


Please join in.
Your handmade "something" need not be
fancy
or
glorious.
It needs only to be
handmade.




(And cookies definitely COUNT!!)

(P.S. The gorgeous beads are by ginnovations on Etsy.
Respond soon!!) 




Even if you DON'T choose to participate, what's your favorite sort of handmade?


As a child, it was cookies from one grandmother and quilts by the other.

Today (not that I do all these myself),
still quilts....
And beadwork,
drawings,
paintings,
mixed media and collage,
canned sunshine in the form of jams, jellies, relishes and salsas,
art crafted of silver and stone,
crocheted dishclothes in a rainbow of colors,
yarns knit together,
 embroidery, cross-stitch
and stories and poems.


Always stories and poems.

12 comments:

  1. oooh. shiny and bright beads!
    *love* the images....

    it's so fun, sharing handmade, eh?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I scrolled down to finish reading this post, I feared I wouldn't be quick enough to be one of the top five! But I think I'm number 2? Do I count? I sure hope so. :)

    Such a great idea. I've posted my "Handmade 2011" to my facebook page already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-hooo! Thanks, Steph...I was hoping you'd stop by. You ARE number 2!!

    Glad to hear you've already posted this on FB--I'll have to go look.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Great idea. Can I be number 3? I will do this on my blog, too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray, Joy--3 is one of my favorite numbers!! Thanks for stopping by....

    And your blog is just lovely, by the way--this is a good way to share some things with friends and family, don't you think, if they're willing to read??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drats, did I miss out? I would LOVE and Cherish anything made by you Caroliiiiiiiiiiiiine! Alaska? Ooooh I love alaska, okay going to read the rest of the post, I just was hoping to get my wantwantwant in here (not being greedy or anything,lol)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this will sound so sappy, but anything my grandmother gave to me, if it was store bought, dime store bought, junk store bought, felt like it came from her heart, and I still have the little quilted hand made (not by her) blanket she made for Angelica, and I hold on to it...for the next generation. (she bought it in what she used to lovingly call the "junk" store)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Care, you're #4! Good to see you here--and I TOTALLY understand about the Grandma gifts. One set of my grandparents lived near a town with a Ben Franklin store, and I still have some of the presents they bought for me there--I think Grandma bought some of her crocheting yarn there, too, and she was a wizard with her needle!! You're right, about knowing how some of those gifts come from the heart....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Am I too late?????

    ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're #5, sweet Cindy. Woo-hoo!!! Now, for my handmade plans....

    Good to see you here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yippee!

    I usually don't [didn't] have time to read blogs but gosh, I simply cannot miss yours! I'll have to start reading other folks blogs like it's the news paper, this will be my new life change ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. is it still happening? *rubs hands together* :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to visit -- you're always welcome at Coyote & Darner. Since we can't share cookies very easily on this blog, how about your comments instead?